I attended the 8th annual Caribbean MBA Conference last week held at the Hilton Hotel in Kingston. At the luncheon the Ceo of Digicel Jamaica spoke and gave a great keynote speech and I gathered a bunch of stats.
Here are some of the more interesting numbers.
– 5 per cent of the 1.98 million Jamaican subscribers are BlackBerry users.
– Digicel Jamaica has grown 30percent over the past 12mths
– Bermuda has the highest Blackberry per capita penetration in the world.
– Haiti is Digicel’s biggest market by subscribers with customer with over 2million people on the network.
– Digicel Jamaica has over 70 percent of the Jamaican Market with 1.98m in Ja customers.
– Digicel Group has garnered 10.3m customers in 8 yrs in 3 geographical regions and 32markets.
– Digicel Group’s major markets are Jamaica, Haiti and El Salvador.
– Digicel has 663 exclusively branded stores.
– Digicel has 310 roaming partners in 165 countries.
– US$9m has been spent through Digicel Jamaica Foundation
– US$6m has been spent through Digicel Haiti Foundation.