By now you’ve probably all heard of the devastating earthquake and aftershocks which has devastated Haiti. Hundreds of thousand people have been affected. Each of us, no matter where we are, can help.Here’s how.
Trusted Online Sites You can Donate Money to:
* American Red Cross
* British Red Cross
* Christian Aid
* International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
* Lambi Fund of Haiti
* Mercy Corps
* Network for Good list of sites
* Oxfam (UK)
* Save the Children
* UNICEF USA
* Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti
Text in Your Donations
– Digicel Relief Fund – You can help the people of Haiti – Call or text the word “Help” to 4442452 Cost: $25 (JA)
– Yele Haiti Wyclef Jean’s grassroots org: Text Yele to 501 501 to donate $5 via your cellphone
-American Red Cross:Text “HAITI” to 90999 to give 10 dollars to relief efforts by the
– The Jamaica Red Cross is accepting contributions for Haiti at Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) A/C # 20499 at Cross Roads branch but you can deposit at any branch.
– Account opened to accept relief, donate at any NCB branch, account #061048596. All gifts going directly to Haiti & relief efforts.
Drop Off Donations
-Our Haitian brothers and sisters need everything – non-perishables, toileteries, bed linen, clothes.Drop off at 10A West Kings House Road. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
– Kingstonians Haitian Relief items can also be dropped off @ the following supermarkets…..Sovereign, Loshuan, John R Wong.
-Foodstuffs, blankets and clothing can be dropped off (please label all bags) to the COP (Congress of the People) Flagship Office on the corner of Tragrete Road and Broome Street in Port of Spain between 9am and 3pm
– ITNAC (Is There Not A Cause) is collecting non-perishable food items, clothing, bedding, temporary building supplies, medical supplies, and toiletries. For details, contact Avonelle Hector-Joseph (email@example.com) or Mellissa Lezama (868-714-5610/396-3330)